Our guide to creating the vodka based cocktails you and friends know and love;
Follow our easy steps to recreate the Moscow Mule, The French Martini, The Espresso Martini, and our very own Mond Passion Fruit Martini!
When it comes to hosting a party or drinks from home, nothing goes down better than freshly made cocktails. These easy to follow recipes will leave you looking like a bartending pro even if you’ve never shaken a cocktail in your life!
What you will need
Our cocktails don't require too much kit, but you should ensure you have a cocktail shaker, a drinks strainer and plenty of ice before you get started!
For cocktails that look just as good as they taste, we would recommend investing in some martini glasses too.
Add the Mond Flair
We must warn you even if you follow an amazing cocktail recipe to the letter, the outcome, inevitably will only be as good as the spirit you use.
We may be biased, but we can truly say that using Mond will make a difference.
Our unique spirit recipe coupled with a lengthy distillation process involving pure Scottish water, results in a drink so smooth it can be consumed without mixer.
Our pure Mond vodka provides the perfect neutral base for you to build a cocktail around. It allows you to enjoy the true taste of the cocktail without compromising on the all-important alcohol content!
Cocktail #1- The Mond Moscow Mule
To make a successful Moscow Mule you will need the following ingredients:
- 50ml of our Mond Vodka
- Crushed Ice
- 150ml of your favourite Ginger Beer
- Fresh Lime
Moscow Mules typically come served in a copper cup to keep your drink cool but if you don’t have one those, any tumbler glass will do.
Steps to making your Moscow Mule
- Squeeze approximately half a lime into the bottom of your glass.
- Add your ice to the glass, fill with our Mond vodka- we recommend 50ml, but you can add as much as you desire!
- Then add your ginger beer, stir gently.
- Add a lime wedge to garnish and you’re ready to drink!
Cocktail #2- French Martini
When it comes to creating the martini, the ingredients are rather simple.
- 40ml of Mond Vodka
- 20ml of Chambord or any raspberry Liquor
- 50ml of Pineapple Juice
- Garnish of your choice – we recommend lemon.
The key to the French martini is in the mixing method, for this cocktail you will require a martini glass, a shaker, a strainer and preferably someone with strong arms!
To create your martini, you need:
- Add the ice to your shaker
- Pour in your liquids.
- Shake well for 25 seconds or until your shaker surface feels cooled.
- Strain and pour into your glass
Cocktail #3- The Espresso Martini
To create this popular drink and add an energy boost to your evening, you will need the following ingredients:
- 50ml Mond Vodka
- 50ml Coffee Syrup
- 1 espresso shot or 50ml fresh brewed coffee
- Strainer and a Shaker
Some bartenders recommend adding a sugar syrup to your cocktail. Our Mond vodka has such a smooth and clear taste, we don’t feel it’s necessary, but we have added this additional step for those of you who are not a fan of the coffee taste!
To create this popular cocktail:
- First brew your coffee and set aside in the fridge to cool.
- If you are adding a sugar syrup, simply add caster sugar and 50ml water to a small pan, heat and stir until boiling, then remove and allow to cool.
- Add a handful of ice to your shaker and add your liquid ingredients together.
- Shake well
- Strain and pour.
- Then top with garnish of your choice!
Cocktail #4- Pornstar Martini, The MOND way
Our cocktail guide would not be complete without the UK’s much-loved cocktail. Crafted using our own clean Mond vodka as opposed to the traditional vanilla vodka, this recipe is our spin on the nations favourite.
To create this drink, you will need
- 35ml of Mond Vodka
- a few drops of Vanilla flavouring
- 15ml of Vanilla Syrup – you can make your own or buy this.
- 15ml of Passion Fruit Liqueur – Passoa is recommended
- Passion Fruit Puree
- 50ml Sparking Wine- you can use Prosecco or Champagne
- 15ml of lime juice
This recipe calls for quite a few ingredients, but the mixing process is straight forward
- Add roughly half the flesh of the passion fruit or your puree to your shaker
- Add a handful of ice and then add in all your liquid ingredients, leaving the sparkling wine to the side.
- Shake for 10 seconds before straining into a Martini glass.
- Top with a slice of passion fruit and serving the sparking wine as a shot on the side.
Do you plan on making several cocktails?
You can batch make these before your friends arrive and leave them chilling in the fridge. Or opt to prep ingredients such as toppings and pre-measure drink quantities, that way you can have your friend’s chip in and compile their own!